Monday, January 10, 2011

Whole Food Hot Chocolate

If your family is anything like ours, you totally overdid it on the sweets this holiday season. And somehow, going back to our "regular diet" seems like a drastic change and magnifies the post-holiday blues just a little bit. 

While I'm happy to be back to healthy eating, I think the rest of the family is in a small state of shock from going from sugary sweets to salad-y eats overnight. So last night I whipped up some hot chocolate to put us all back in the holiday mood - if only for a few minutes.

Here's our favorite dairy-free, sugar-free hot chocolate - and I promise that it's not "free" of taste. This works best with a Vitamix or other high-speed blender, but if you don't have one, I imagine you can blend it all in your blender, then heat it on the stove top.

Favorite Holiday Hot Chocolate 

Ingredients:  
3 cups almond milk (feel free to sub your favorite milk here)
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
10 pitted dates (maybe a few more if you like it really sweet)
Dash of salt

Preparation:
Combine all ingredients in blender, and process until steam comes out the top.

Yep, it's that easy. Have I mentioned how much I love my Vitamix??? This recipe makes enough for the four of us - two adults and two kids - so tweak as needed to suit your family.

Sprout Ratings
Big Sprout - 5 sprouts
Little Sprout - 5 sprouts

No comments:

Post a Comment