Monday, January 31, 2011

Oprah and 378 Staffers Go Vegan for a Week

Oprah Winfrey and 378 of her staff members will be going vegan for a week in preparation for a show that will air on February 1st. The show will feature Michael Pollan, author of The Omnivore's Dilemna, and Kathy Freston, author of Quantum Wellness. Lisa Ling will also be sharing her investigation of a meat-packing plant, of which Oprah says "whether you eat meat or not, you need to see it".

Click here to see the promotional video for the upcoming show.

5 comments:

  1. Kathy Freston is on this week, I believe. And tomorrow's show is supposed to feature eating a plant-based diet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this just wonderful!! Maybe some of them will stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhi, I hope you are right!

    Jill, yes, she is on tomorrow in this episode.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the most part, I thought the episode was really great. Michael Pollan's comments were disappointing though since he seemed to negatively counter every positive vegan victory Kathy was celebrating. I couldn't watch the meat plant though. I earned my vegetarian badge long ago watching that stuff online. You tend to remember it vividly the first time! I've been thinking of being a vegan for awhile and this episode really helped me realize that it's a challenge worth pursuing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Erin. Sounds like it was a good one!

    ReplyDelete