Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Today's Breakfast - The Power Sandwich

We needed a break from oatmeal and fruit this morning, so it seemed like a good time for a Power Sandwich. This is a variation of something I've been eating for years (open-face toast with peanut butter and banana) that Jim and Big Sprout gave an official name one morning before a long bike ride. It's so super easy that I hesitate to even post a recipe, but here it goes.

The Power Sandwich

Ingredients:
2 slices of whole grain bread
Peanut butter
Banana
Agave nectar

Preparation:
Lightly toast the bread, then spread one piece lightly with peanut butter. Drizzle with a touch of agave nectar, then slice enough of the banana to cover the toast. Cover with the other piece of toast, cut and serve.

As I mentioned, I usually have mine with just one slice of toast and no agave. Little Sprout usually does the same, although today she insisted on a full sandwich, which paired with strawberries and a green smoothie, I was doubtful she'd get through (but she came surprisingly close).

Sprout Ratings
Big Sprout - 5 sprouts
Little Sprout - 5 sprouts
Mama Sprout - 4.5 sprouts
Daddy Sprout - 5 sprouts

This breakfast came close to using up the last of our bread, so I'll be making more later this week. Look for my bread recipe here in the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment