Monday, January 24, 2011

Quinoa and Black Bean Salad

Today's lunch was the Quinoa and Black Bean Salad with Toasted Cumin Seeds from Appetite for Reduction. As I was making it, I realized that neither of the Sprouts like tomatoes and I'm the only cumin fan in the house. Oh well.

As expected, I was the only one who really liked it. I'll definitely be enjoying the leftovers this week and will make it again for myself in the future. It did inspire Little Sprout to coin a new family motto . . . "I don't really like it, but I'm going to eat it anyway." I just love her! Our rule is that they must eat what I serve (or, as an alternative, not eat), but if they really don't like it, they don't have to eat the leftovers all week long. That's okay . . . more for me!

Sprout Ratings
Big Sprout - 2 sprouts
Little Sprout - 2 sprouts
Mama Sprout - 4 sprouts
Daddy Sprout - 3 sprouts

No comments:

Post a Comment