Friday, January 14, 2011

Tips & Tricks - Veggie Tray

One of my favorite tips for easy, healthy snacking is the Sunday night veggie tray. And one of the reasons it's my favorite is that it's made by my husband, Jim! Seriously though, having an array of veggies washed and prepped is not only great for snacking but also helps tremendously with meal preparation. I'm much more inclined to make salad when all I have to do is chop up the veggies and put them on top of greens.

Other kitchen chores I try to get done on Sunday are soaking beans, baking bread and making hummus or whatever spread or dip we'll have for our veggies during the week. Hummus is definitely our standby, but I occasionally mix it up with a roasted red pepper cannellini bean dip or another favorite. I also grocery shop on Sundays, and somehow, having a house full of food and some pre-prepped, healthy snacks really gets our week off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment