Thursday, January 13, 2011

What's Cooking

In typing this, I just realized that we have two all-time favorites on the menu today. The Creamy Chickpea Salad is from my favorite food blog, the Fat Free Vegan, and is the kids all-time favorite lunch (at least their favorite that I make). Big Sprout once requested it for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

A new favorite, Butternut Coconut Rice, is from my new favorite cookbook, Appetite for Reduction. I made it for the first time last week, and all of us loved it - and if you have multiple kids and a husband, you know how rare it is for everyone to love the same dish. I'll be blogging about it a little more this evening after dinner, and not to give away any secrets, but I'm definitely expecting "5 sprouts" all the way around.

So, here's what's cooking at our house today:

Breakfast: Oatmeal with raisins & walnuts; pineapple
Lunch: Creamy Chickpea salad on greens with carrot sticks and a tangerine
Snack: Nuts and fruit
Dinner: Butternut Coconut Rice with a big salad

Wow, this might be a record for how many times I can use the word "favorite" in a single post, but when I'm talking about the Fat Free Vegan and Appetite for Reduction, it's bound to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment