Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Horrible Hummus

I can't believe I forgot to tell this story in my hummus post, but I like it so much that I'm giving it it's own post. Because before their was "Our Hummus Recipe", there was "Horrible Hummus" - and you really should hear about that, too.

You see, hummus and I got off to quite a rocky beginning. Although I've always loved it, my first attempts at making it were pretty bad - in part, I'm sure, because I didn't always know my way around a kitchen.

This plays into my hummus story because the first hummus recipe I tried called for two cloves of garlic - and at the time, I though a bulb was a clove! Needless to say, the result was completely inedible and it was years before I tried again . . . but I'm glad I finally did.

Oh, and just to clarify, the hummus in the picture is fabulous (not horrible)!

No comments:

Post a Comment