Saturday, January 15, 2011

New Daily Features at Growing Healthy Sprouts

I'm so thrilled with all the great response I've gotten since starting this blog just a few days ago. I really had no idea how much I had to say on this topic, but the Sprouts and I are having a great time with it. We're finally shaping our ideas for what we'd like to share and are starting with the following daily topics:

Meal Plan Monday - I'm a Sunday planner/shopper, so by Monday I'm usually somewhat organized and ready for the week. Each Monday, I'll be sharing our meal plan for breakfasts, lunches and dinners for the week, including links to recipes when possible.

Top Tips Tuesday - We all want our kids to eat healthy food but often struggle with making it happen. On Tuesdays, the Sprouts and I will share our top tips for making healthy living a habit from both a parent and child's perspective.

What's for Dinner Wednesday - I love trying new recipes - so much so that Jim often asks if we'll ever get to have anything we liked again. Each week, I'll share our favorite dinner recipe with Sprout ratings and results.

Food for Thought Thursday - Nutritional research is what made me realize how important our food choices are to current and future health. On Thursdays, I'll be sharing the latest articles and research on how nutrition affects our health.

Fun Food Fridays - Kid-friendly food and Sprout favorites are on the menu for Fridays - sometimes prepared by the Sprouts themselves! We'll share recipes and pictures for healthy food your kids will love.

Stay Active Saturdays - Nutrition is just one aspect of good health; keeping kids active is essential, too. On Saturdays, we'll be sharing some of the Sprouts' favorite activities and keeping you posted on activities for kids in the Orlando area.

Sweet on Sunday - As I've mentioned, my kids certainly aren't kale-loving creatures by nature. We foster good habits through a healthy plant-based diet, but they definitely love treats from time to time (or as often as I'll allow). Fortunately, I've found many healthier ways to indulge their sweet tooth - although you'll probably get plenty of traditional treats in here as well.

I may not hit every topic every week, but I'll be trying hard to cover all the bases as often as possible. I'll also be blogging about our favorite local restaurants, books and cookbooks, sharing my original recipes and posting the results of Big Sprouts new adventures in the kitchen. Thanks for joining us!

4 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to the Friday posts. I always need suggestions regarding food and snacks for my little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love watching the site develop...still having trouble leaving a comment...why?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a really nice cookbook yesterday...The Complete Italian Vegetarian. I'm neither Italian nor vegetarian, but it gave me some good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jennifer! Big Sprout just picked our first Fun Food Friday subject, and I'm hoping it's kid-friendly enough (it's his favorite!)

    Carol, so glad the comments are finally working for you. The cookbook sounds yummy. Haven't heard of that one, but I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete