Friday, January 28, 2011

Fun Food Friday - Lentil Loaf & Onion Rings

Kid-friendly food and Sprout favorites are on the menu for Fridays - sometimes prepared by the Sprouts themselves! We'll share recipes and pictures for healthy food your kids will love.

Wow! This meal turned out to be a big winner with everyone. Of course, I knew going into it that with Big Sprout's favorite dinner, Little Sprout's favorite veggie and a brand new Appetite for Reduction recipe that looked amazing, I most likely had a hit on my hands.

This is the second Lentil Loaf recipe that I've tried, and it's definitely my favorite of the two. That said, if you try it, keep in mind that it will not taste like meatloaf. It's one of those cases of it being an entirely new creation, rather than an exact veganized replacement of a meat dish. Everyone enjoyed it, as we always do, but Big Sprout outdid us all with three heaping servings!













The OMG Oven-Baked Onion Rings from Appetite for Reduction really do warrant the fancy name. I'm not even an onion ring fan and the Sprouts had never had them before, but you can be sure we'll be seeing them in our kitchen on a regular basis.

What can I say about Steamed Broccoli? You know how it works. Easy, tasty and we made enough to have leftovers for my chickpea salad tomorrow.

Sprout Ratings

Lentil Loaf: 
Big Sprout - 5 sprouts
Little Sprout - 4 sprouts
Mama Sprout - 4 sprouts
Daddy Sprout - 4 sprouts

Onion Rings:
Big Sprout - 5 sprouts
Little Sprout - 5 sprouts
Mama Sprout - 5 sprouts
Daddy Sprout - 5 sprouts

No comments:

Post a Comment