Monday, January 10, 2011

Introducing . . . Growing Healthy Sprouts!

Another day . . . another year . . . another blog. Am I really doing this?

Apparently, the answer is "yes". After almost two years of writing my homeschooling blog, Homeschooling in Heels, I found myself with a lot to talk about that didn't relate to the topic of homeschooling. So here it goes . . .

At this time, I have only a vague idea of what this is going to be, so please bear with me. It may not look pretty for a while, I'll probably ramble a bit and the content will always be a bit of a surprise. But there are a few things I know for sure:

1. I like to talk about food, especially as it relates to health. Since I cook a lot and am always swapping tips with friends, I thought this would be a good way to keep everything in one place. So what's on the menu? Think recipe links, kitchen tips and a kid-tested rating system.

2. Since I'm already talking about the kids, I'll go in that direction next. My two little ones are really on board with our health-oriented lifestyle and are really excited about helping with the blog. Both will be working with me on the rating system, Big Sprout will be a regular contributor and Little Sprout hasn't defined her role beyond "best taster" quite yet. We believe that health is a family affair, and this blog will definitely reflect that.

3. We love being active, and I've had a blast watching my kids try everything from triathlon to tennis. I imagine that I'll occasionally share what we're up to, as well as post whatever I can find on youth and family activities in Orlando. Time to get moving!

So that's it for now. I'm off to do a little dancing, then try out my potential first blog recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment