Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What's for Dinner Wednesday - The Fall-Apart Frittata

I'd planned on pouring Isa's yummy Asparagus & Sun-dried Tomato Frittata recipe from Vegan with a Vengeance into a homemade crust for quiche tonight - until I looked at all my crust recipes and couldn't get past the fact that they all had at least a cup of fat in them. It horrified me a little to think of how often we ate quiche in our pre-vegan days thinking it was healthy - I can't imagine all the fat from eggs, cream, cheese and veggies cooked in oil piled onto the cup of fat in the crust. Yuck!

So, instead of quiche night it became frittata night. And although I probably could have baked it longer and it fell apart when I served it, it turned out delicious. I served it with a simple salad of greens, carrots, celery, cucumber and beets with a homemade Agave Mustard dressing (my own recipe - will share soon!)

I'll have to update with Sprout Ratings at a later date because I ate while Jim and the Sprouts were at baseball practice so I could get my workout in when they got home.

2 comments:

  1. That frittata IS delicious. It was the first time I attempted tofu for breakfast LOL...and the whole family loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't made it in a while, and I'd forgotten how good it was! It's always nice when the whole family likes something, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete