Monday, March 7, 2011

Meal Plan Monday - Week of March 7th

Today, I'm wrapping up Week 1 of the CSD cleanse with a juice fast - and I'll continue juicing for breakfast all week - so my meal plan still looks a little complex. You can just ignore what I'm doing and focus on what I'm feeding the rest of the family!

Advance Preparation
Make veggie tray (Jim)
Make hummus
Make salad dressing
Cook beets

Monday
Breakfast: Green smoothie, toast with pecan butter, fruit (green juice for me)
Lunch: Raw veggies, leftover Tempeh Helper (green juice for me)
Dinner:Penne with (Tofurkey) sausage and peppers (green juice for me)

Tuesday 
Breakfast: Fruit & oatmeal (green juice for me)
Lunch: Everyday Chickpea-Quinoa Salad
Dinner: Sweet & sour tofu, zucchini, carrots & broccoli over brown rice (recipe coming soon)

Wednesday
Breakfast: Green smoothie; toast with pecan butter & banana (green juice for me)
Lunch: Salad with cucumber, beets & hummus (recipe coming soon)
Dinner: Gravy Bowl

Thursday
Breakfast: Fruit & oatmeal (green juice for me)
Lunch: Zucchini pasta marinara (break out the spiral slicer!)
Dinner: Veggie sushi (my first attempt!)

Friday 
Breakfast: Green smoothie; fruit (green juice for me)
Lunch: Hummus with raw veggies & Nut Thins
Dinner: Out (for Daddy Sprout's birthday!!!)

Saturday 
Breakfast: Green smoothie; oatmeal (green juice for me)
Lunch: Southwest salad (recipe coming soon)
Dinner: Sweet potato curls (again with the spiral slicer), Orange Scented Broccoli, tomato-cucumber salad

Sunday
Breakfast: Green smoothie; fruit (green juice for me)
Lunch: Soup & salad
Dinner: Borscht with a rainbow salad (future Fun Food Friday post)

2 comments:

  1. I"m so impressed with your ability to prepare food for your family while on the juice fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, don't be too impressed. Breakfast was easy, lunch was leftovers and I made Jim cook dinner. LOL! Thankfully, I don't have to cook anything now, which is when hungry and cranky are starting to hit. :)

    ReplyDelete