Monday, March 7, 2011

Got Juice? I Certainly Do!

Today I'm wrapping up my first week of the 21-day Crazy Sexy Diet cleanse (eliminating sugar, gluten, alcohol & coffee and adding daily juicing, meditation, yoga, nap & exercise) with an all-day juice fast. Over the past week, I've come to love green juice but am still not a fan of the whole juicing process (or at least, of the time it takes).

Little Sprout has actually been intrigued by the juicing and helped me a bit over the past few days, but today it was Big Sprout who wanted a turn. After I washed and chopped, he actually juiced all my fruits and veggies (which was a lot since I made juice for the entire day at once) while I started cleaning up and putting things away.


I'm finding that the nut milk bag I bought to make almond milk is also great for straining juice - although the greens and beets do stain the bag. And if you're wondering why my juice is red when there are mostly greens in the picture, I found the beets in the fridge as I was putting veggies away and tossed one into the juicer on a whim.

Oddly, I woke up looking forward to the juice fast this morning . . . so far, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment