Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sweet on Sunday - Oatmeal Banana Waffles

The first Sunday that I was on the CSD cleanse, Jim asked what was for breakfast and I replied that I was having (as usual) juice. So he headed to the kitchen to make something for himself and the kids and stumbled across the waffle iron that he uses to make his family's secret recipe for cookies - and realized that he could make waffles with it.

So for the past three Sundays, while I drank my cucumber-kale-lettuce-beet-broccoli-celery-apple-pear juice, the amazing aroma of homemade waffles filled the house as he cooked the Oatmeal Banana Waffles from Vegan with a Vengeance. But this Sunday, I finally got my waffles.

I'd intended to have one waffle and still make my juice, but how could I turn down this lovely plate that he prepared for me. Then, an emergency run to Publix derailed my juicing plan, turning this into my sweet, splurge meal for the week. And it was delicious!

2 comments:

  1. So am I right that you have neither shared the recipe for these amazing sounding waffles, or for the secret family recipe waffle cookies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is true . . . the waffle recipe is copyrighted in Vegan with a Vengeance, and the cookie recipe is copyrighted by my grandmother-in-law. LOL! And the cookie recipe is far from healthy - although we're working on it. If we make it work, we'll definitely share.

    ReplyDelete