Monday, March 28, 2011

Oil-Free Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing

The good news is that after two months of blogging about food, I finally remember how to spell "vinaigrette" without the assistance of my spell check. The even better news is that I finally made my own Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing - the Sprouts' favorite.


Oil-Free Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing

Ingredients:
3/4 cup raspberries
3/4 cup apple juice
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup cashews
3 tablespoons agave nectar
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon chopped shallot

Preparation:
Soak the cashews for a few hours (or for 10 minutes in warm water if you're in a hurry). Combine all ingredients in blender, and process until smooth.

Sprout Ratings:
Big Sprout - 4.5 sprouts
Little Sprout - 5 sprouts
Mama Sprout - 4 sprouts
Daddy Sprout - 3 sprouts

It turned out really well, but I'll probably tweak it a little in the future, using less vinegar and shallot so I don't have to sweeten it as much. I'll definitely share if I get even better results next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment