Friday, March 25, 2011

Salad Dressing Recipe: Oil-Free Agave Mustard

I've been on quite a roll with salad dressings lately, which is a huge thing for me since historically, I've had more kitchen disasters with homemade dressings than any other type of food. I've tried a few agave mustard recipes in the past few months that have turned out to be delicious, but I just can't get over the quantity of oil required (1 cup for most recipes!) Since I've learned a few tricks about oil-free dressings lately, I decided to try own, and I'm happy with how it came out.


Oil-Free Agave Mustard Dressing

Ingredients:
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup cashews
1/4 dijon mustard
1/4 agave
3 tablespoons vinegar

Preparation:
Soak cashews in water for a few hours (or soak them in warm water for about 10 minutes), then drain. Combine all ingredients in blender, and process until smooth. This definitely thickens as it sits, so if it's a little runny when you make it, it will be perfect after sitting in the fridge overnight!

Sprout Ratings:
Big Sprout - 5 sprouts
Little Sprout - 5 sprouts
Mama Sprout - 5 sprouts
Daddy Sprout - 4.5 sprouts

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like something even I could make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could. It is super easy. Check out today's post on the Raspberry Vinaigrette, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you this was delish - twice last week!!! (we weren't sure what agave mustard was so just used 1/4 cup agave)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear it! And thanks for the heads up on the typo. :)

    ReplyDelete