Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What's for Dinner Wednesday - Gold Rush Chili

We're not chili fanatics around here, but every once in a while, it seems like a great, easy meal - with terrific leftovers. In looking for an interesting deviation from my normal veggie-bean variation, I found this recipe for Gold Rush Chili on the Fat Free Vegan blog.

It turned out really well, and I liked the sweetness that the butternut squash added. I served it the first night with steamed broccoli and cornbread muffins, then made the leftovers into a lazy taco salad ("lazy" because I was too lazy to chop some tomato and avocado and thaw some corn kernels for the top). I forgot to snap pics the first night, so I was sure to take some of the taco salad and baked corn chips.

Sprout Ratings
Big Sprout - 3 sprouts
Little Sprout - 3 sprouts
Mama Sprout - 4 sprouts
Daddy Sprout - 4 sprouts

No comments:

Post a Comment