Monday, February 7, 2011

Blueberry-Peach Collard Green Smoothies

I've been promising more green smoothie recipes, so I'm going back into the archives at my other blog, Homeschooling in Heels, to get some. This smoothie was created after a farmer's market trip left me with a huge bounty of collard greens and sent me seeking inventive ways in which to use them all.

If you look closely at the picture (don't look, don't look!), you'll notice that this is actually a photo of a different smoothie (using spinach). Sorry . . . I wasn't much into food photography back then.



Blueberry-Peach Collard Green Smoothies 

Ingredients
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup juice (I used apple)
1 banana
3/4 cup frozen blueberries
3/4 cup frozen peaches
1 large or 2 small collard leaves (stems removed)
1 tablespoon ground flax

Preparation
Blend well, and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Always looking for more Green Smoothie Recipes..I am so hooked...have one daily! Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic, Carol! LMK how you like this one . . . more coming soon. :)

    ReplyDelete