Cheesy Potato Skins, I wanted to make some type of shepherd's pie dish this week. My original intention was to make the Skillet Gardener's Pie from the Fat Free Vegan blog, but I was lazy and just threw something easy together.
It turned out to be quite tasty and made quite a bit. I had visions of not having to cook tonight, but Big Sprout had two enormous helpings and left us short on leftovers.
Easy Veggie Pie
1 small onion, chopped
3 tablespoons chopped garlic
1 large broccoli crown, finely chopped
1 10-oz. bag of frozen corn
1 10-oz. bag of frozen peas
1 recipe chickpea gravy
4-5 medium potatoes, baked and mashed
1/4 cup almond (or other non-dairy milk)
2 tablespoons vegan butter (such as Earth Balance)
1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large pan, saute onion and garlic in a little water until onion is tender. Add the broccoli, adding more water if needed. When the broccoli turns bright green, add the corn and peas and cook until the broccoli is tender and the corn and peas are heated through.
3. While the veggies are cooking, you can make the chickpea gravy. I used the recipe from Appetite for Reduction,but if you Google chickpea gravy, you'll fine plenty.
4. Mash the potatoes with the almond milk, butter and salt.
5. Mix the gravy into the veggies, then pour the mixture into a rectangular casserole dish. Top with mashed potatoes, and bake for 10-15 minutes.
Big Sprout - 5 sprouts
Little Sprout - 5 sprouts
Mama Sprout - 4.5 sprouts
Daddy Sprout - 4 sprouts