Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sweet on Sunday - French Toast

Earlier this week, I heard the Sprouts in the kitchen and I could tell they were on a mission. Big Sprout had seen the French Toast recipe in Vegan with a Vengeance last weekend and was determined to make it as soon as I made more bread. Turns out, that's what he was up to with Little Sprout as his helper.

Just as an experiment, I decided to let them continue on their own and see how it turned out. They did ask me questions the few times they got stuck, but for the most part, they cooked this one all the way through on their own without supervision.

Big Sprout wanted to cut the bread, so they ended up with something more like French Toast Pieces than French Toast, but they declared it delicious and were very pleased with themselves - and I was, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment