Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Great Green Lemonade

So for the past several months, the Sprouts have met the whole green juice thing with a lukewarm reception. Big Sprout will drink it, but I can tell he's not a huge fan. Little Sprout usually requires me to dangle a big carrot (or, in this case, cocoa-strawberry green smoothie) in order for her to drink it down. But today, I finally make a new recipe that they both loved, thanks in part to my new stevia plant. Sorry there's no picture - they drank it too fast!

Wanna make some green juice goodness your kids will love? Give this one a try:

Great Green Lemonade

Ingredients
1 head of Romaine hearts
2 cups loosely-packed greens (I used turnip greens, but spinach, kale, chard or collards would all work)
2 apples
1 lemon (more if you like it extra lemon-y or your lemons are small)
5 stevia leaves (more if you want it sweeter)

Preparation
Run all ingredients through a juicer. I like the strain my juice through a mesh back (bought in the produce section of Publix) to get out any pulp that makes it through the juicer. Enjoy!

Sprout Ratings
Big Sprout - 5 sprouts
Little Sprout - 5 sprouts
Mama Sprout - 5 sprouts

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this sounds like the perfect summer chiller. We'll definitely be trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! LMK how they like it. Mine are actually asking for juice now! :)

    ReplyDelete