Thursday, June 9, 2011

Fun Food Friday - Natural "Twizzlers"

To be honest, I don't even know if Twizzlers are vegan or not. Jim and I stopped eating them them years ago for other reasons - mainly, that they're junk. So today, when I discovered a version made by Newman's Own, I had to give them a try. I realize, of course, that they're still junk . . . but at least they're junk-y in a more natural kind of way.

I'm not a candy person (chocolate - yes, baked goods - yes, candy - not so much) so normally these wouldn't have called to me. But, with Little Sprout's birthday next week, I'm challenged with creating a themed cake without food dye or fondant. So you can see how any type of vegan candy made with natural food dyes might come in handy.

Of course, the Sprouts had to taste them and thought they were great. I wasn't a huge fan, but again, I'm not a candy person. Tune in next week to see if I give them rave reviews as cake decorations - and if you're a licorice fan, you may want to give them a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment