Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What's for Dinner Wednesday - Salad Bar, Zucchini & Quinoa

It's been a while since I blogged about any meals, but I figured this was a good one to start back with. I've been wanting to try using the bread crumbs from the delicious cauliflower recipe in Appetite for Reduction to bread some zucchini, so tonight was the night. I baked them until tender and paired them with some marinara sauce for dipping, along with a quinoa pilaf and a "salad bar".

The zucchini was tasty, but my favorite part of the meal was the salad bar, mostly because it made leftovers for lunch the next day - even more delicious topped with the cold quinoa.


I'm going to try preparing salad bar "toppings" a few times a week to make salad assembly easier. It was so nice to just grab all the individual containers and have salad made in minutes - especially with ingredients like shredded beets that I normally wouldn't take the time to prep mid-day. And next time, I'll be adding containers of beans, nuts and seeds for even more topping options!

No comments:

Post a Comment