Wednesday, March 21, 2012

What's for Dinner Wednesday - Chardonnay Fettuccine with Asparagus

Seems like it's been forever since we tried a new recipe. Our new meal plan - even though I haven't been sharing it as regularly as I'd hoped - keeps us cycling through a rotation of family favorites. But this recipe for Chardonnay Fettuccine with Asparagus from a recent Vegetarian Times looked too good not to sneak into the rotation.

Turns out that it didn't disappoint, producing a sauce that was pretty similar to my cashew cream sauce but with the addition of Chardonnay. Genius! I omitted a lot of the pepper (the Sprouts aren't big on spice - plus, I ran out) and added a bit more salt and nutritional yeast. The name is actually a bit misleading . . . there's actually plenty of spinach and red pepper packed in with the asparagus, so it didn't feel at all skimpy on the veggies.

To make it feed our family of four (the recipe serves two), I doubled the pasta and sauce and quadrupled the vegetables. It was a winner all around and will definitely be finding a regular home in our meal plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment