I'd been wanting to experiment a little with dates, so I figured that this was the perfect time. This recipe is adapted from the Post Punk Kitchen, and the whole family agreed that it turned out great!
No Sugar Banana Bread
1/2 cup almond milk
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup Earth Balance
3 very ripe bananas (mashed)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the vinegar into the almond milk, and set aside.
3. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice and salt.
4. Combine almond milk mixture and dates in a blender, and process until smooth.
5. Cream the Earth Balance until smooth, then add the milk/date mixture, bananas and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
6. Add the dry ingredients into the wet, and mix well.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.